Haircut Inspiration is always looking for bright people to join our team or contribute to the site. Below we listed the open position we have at the moment. If any of those seems like a good fit for you please feel free to apply.
1. Fashion and Beauty Writer
- Have a good knowledge of Pop Culture and be able to keep up with it.
- Be familiar with American lingo.
- Be comfortable writing about fashion and beauty.
- English native or near-native language writing skills.
2. Visual Content Editor
A content editor needed to work on the visual aspect of the website. In most cases, images will require cropping. Some images may also require editing to improve their visual appearance. This job would require you to be interested and experienced (or willing to learn) in the hair industry.
- Good eye for images
- Proficient in photo editing skills
- Professional experience in online content publishing/editing
- Experience in the fashion industry
3. Content Strategist
Looking for a Content Editor / Strategist to be responsible for content creation and optimization of a website for men about hairstyles/haircuts, hair care, products, and grooming.
While there may be some content creation in this role, the position initially will primarily be focused on the optimization.
On the optimization front, your job will be to make sure that the content strategy is consistently aligned with readers’ needs and to seek out gaps and improvements. You will also work with the tech and UX teams to look for ways to make the best possible content experience.
The site is picture oriented, therefore, except for professional writing, it’s crucial to be able to look for adequate, high-quality images to complement the content.
- Optimize existing articles’ content; consistently review content, identifying sections that need a greater depth of material and editing or removing out-dated or irrelevant material
- Identify content whitespace and optimize existing articles for search, including keyword research and content consolidation; help to standardize metadata.
- Look for ways to make articles visually appealing to readers’ consumption Researching and finding new trends.
- Serve as a brand ambassador through Facebook and other social media
- Stay up to date with best practices in SEO, content marketing, digital storytelling, social media, web usability, and web design
- 1+ years’ experience working as a content strategist or content editor
- Expertise in men’s / women’s fashion, hairstyles, grooming, latest trends, products, hair care
- Previous experience in working on an image oriented website
- Expertise in SEO best practices
- Knowledge of UX best practices for readers’ satisfaction
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Image editing skills
- Comfort with ticketing systems such as Trello
- Experience working with WordPress
- Collaborative attitude and experience working with cross-functional teams
- Familiarity with content taxonomy best practices
How to apply
If this sounds like you, please apply by sending e-mail to the editor at [email protected].